· Workplace desks are typically 400 times dirtier than loo seats.
· There are 16 million microbes on the average keypad.
· Only 3% of businesses clean their equipment properly.
Do you worry that your workplace is a veritable breeding ground for bacteria? Well, as the above statistics demonstrate, you’re absolutely right!
Follow our five top tips for workplace hygiene to kill the germs and sleep easy.
Tip 1 – Clean germ hotspots regularly
Telephones. Keypads. Mice (hopefully not of the animal variety). Door handles.
All germ hotspots. All regularly overlooked by cleaners.
It might surprise you to know that the average toilet seat has 49 microbes per square inch compared to a whopping 25,127 on an office phone. Yuck! It’s time to take action:
· Ensure that these areas are part of your office’s cleaning regime.
· And have some cleaning wipes on hand so that conscientious team members (like you) can do it themselves.
Tip 2 – Encourage regular handwashing
On average, office workers’ hands come into contact with 10 million bacteria every day.
Not only is the potential to spread germs huge. It’s exacerbated by the fact that a shocking 32% don’t wash their hands after going to the loo.
· Washing hands properly – with soap not just water – can reduce contamination by 10%.
· Consider putting signs up in the loos to place it at the forefront of your colleagues’ minds!
Tip 3 – Clean desks before and after eating
Are you horrified by a colleague who regularly eats a sandwich over their (filthy) keyboard, crumbs tumbling down?
Most office desks are 100 times less hygienic than an average kitchen table (and your colleague’s is probably much worse).
Here’s how to tackle the problem:
· Implement a policy of cleaning desks before and after eating.
· And remind your colleagues that crumbs are a common source of bacteria.
Tip 4 – Educate your workforce
Most people clean their home regularly and would be pretty disgusted at any suggestion that they’d neglect it. However, it’s a whole different matter when it comes to the office.
Take matters into your own hands and educate your workforce:
· Share the statistics in this blog – sometimes shock and awe tactics are the only way to go!
· Make cleaning a collective responsibility – again, a conveniently placed pack of wipes will simplify the task.
Tip 5 – Invest in Uniwipe for complete peace of mind
When it comes to office hygiene, you’ll never regret an investment in Uniwipe.
Not only will you discover the complete peace of mind that comes from knowing that you have a product that’s clinically proven to kill bacteria. You’ll also save on your cleaning products…
· Our supersize Clinical Sanitising Wipes trap dirt and kill bacteria – leaving every surface safe and grime-free.
· And our Washroom Sanitising Wipes are perfect for your toilets – quick and effective, they confirm to EN standards for disinfection.
In fact, why not make everyone responsible for cleaning their own area?