Antibacterial wipes contain a variety of different fabrics and chemicals, which are selected according to how the product will be applied.
The fabrics used in antibacterial wipes use fibres made from plastic polymers, which are then mechanically processed and sometimes thermally bonded.
Despite the environmental drawbacks of plastics, they are the mainstay in the production of wipes for good reason – the antibacterial ingredients used for disinfection have special characteristics that are often incompatible with bio-based alternative fabrics, which makes them less effective.
Plastic wipes can also be manufactured in significantly thinner gauges than biodegradable ones without compromising on tensile strength. The good news is that our research and development into biodegradable antibacterial wipes made from more sustainable materials continues to evolve on a daily basis, in response to an increasingly eco-conscious consumer base.
Our wipes use a variety of antibacterial agents, or ‘biocides’. Among other ingredients, our wipes utilise water-soluble quaternary ammonium compounds, which is highly effective at low concentrations and found in most antibacterial products. Whilst we don’t use Alcohol in our wipes, it has been used for many decades as a disinfectant due to the fact that it is extremely effective and quick-drying. It’s also flammable of course, so care must be taken when using or storing.
A word on waste
Reducing our waste is important to us. In 2020 we decreased the amount of landfill and incinerated waste per pack by 8% and we’re on track to decrease by a further 8% in 2021. Our aim is to continue this trend so that by 2024 we will have reduced the waste per pack by 40%.
We’re equally serious about recycling: our production and packaging methods currently use up to 76% less plastic than commonly used tubs, and 80% of our packaging is recyclable, and made from recycled plastics. We’re aiming for 100% recyclable packaging by 2023. We currently recycle over 50% of our own production waste.
Why are antibacterial wipes a premium cleaning tool?
In today’s world of viruses and diverse diseases, antibacterial wipes are an essential tool for controlling infections and helping to protect us from serious illnesses. But let’s dig a little deeper to reveal what makes them the superior cleaning tool…
In a nutshell, these pre-moistened towelettes are loaded with our unique disinfecting formula to quickly, easily and reliably keep your home or workplace safe, by killing or removing germs on surfaces and skin.
- Easy to use: Their one-step process makes them easier to use than sprays and cloths (and a contaminated cloth also carries the risk of spreading bacteria to other uncontaminated surfaces). Using wipes also removes the need to measure and mix chemicals, which means you don’t need excessive supplies like spray bottles, liquid chemicals, towels or laundry bins.
- Easy to store: In packs of 40, 100 or 200, our wipes come in convenient, airtight containers, so they never dry out, and are designed to use one at a time. Placing a stand, dispenser or wall mount near high-traffic and high touch point areas makes it easy to quickly disinfect hands, surfaces, and equipment.
- Versatile: Our wipes have multiple uses across a range of environments – equally as effective on desks and worktops as on door handles and lift buttons
- Time saving: Consider the time not spent restocking and refilling cleaning supplies, factor in the cumulative time your guests, family members or employees will save by quickly wiping down surfaces in one step, and the end result is a lot of time saved for everyone
- Cost saving: Ordering wipes in high quantities gives you time to focus on other tasks instead. You’ll also save money on the actual container, as well as post and packaging. From an employer’s perspective, having a clean and germ-free facility is essential for employee health, increasing staff productivity by cutting down on sick days.
Choosing the right wipes for your requirements
From catering settings to clinical, from offices to homes, we have the wipes you need – with the option of bespoke orders available on request.
- Clothwipe Clinical: Our largest, strongest and most powerful antibacterial wipes, Clothwipe clinical wipes are supersized, soft and absorbent, made from low-lint, microfiber plastic, good at quickly trapping dirt and killing germs. These wipes are fast acting and guarantee effective sanitisation, perfect for even the most challenging clinical settings.
- Clothwipe Multipurpose: Made from a strong, low-lint microfiber, these are suitable for all low-risk surfaces, containing a highly effective surfactant that’s quickly biodegradable
- Clothwipe Washroom: With a dual action cleaning and disinfecting formula, and a proven kill rate of 30 seconds for 99.999% of bacteria and viruses, our celemetine-scented Washroom wipes are a popular choice for domestic bathrooms and industrial washrooms
- Midiwipe Clinical: Designed specifically for disinfecting high infection environments including medical settings, offices, schools and care homes, these wipes are the trusted choice of medical institutions to eliminate cross-contamination and increase cleaning efficiency
- Midiwipe Catering: These wipes rise to the challenge of meeting the stringent hygiene regulations of any catering environment, and are the popular choice of many catering outlets across the country
- Midiwipe Hand & Surface: Gentle on the hands, these wipes are specifically designed for everyday use in schools and offices where hands and surfaces need to be regularly cleaned throughout the day
- Care & Medical sector: With over 20 years’ experience helping the medical industry tackle bacteria and viruses, our wipes are recognised as being the most technologically advanced when it comes to preventing infections and cross-contamination
- Catering & Hospitality sector: With major operational changes to cleaning and hygiene strategies taking place across the world’s catering sector, wipes are an increasingly popular choice, saving time without compromising on safety. Our catering Midi-Wipe is food area safe and conforms to all EN standards
- Education: From classrooms to corridors, and dining halls to toilet blocks, educational institutions are under constant pressure to meet the strictest standards of hygiene. Our range of antibacterial wipes conform to all the highest EN standards and offer the ultimate solution in the fight against germs and bacteria in all learning environments from nurseries through to universities.