Looking for easy ways to cut costs at your catering establishment, without diminishing the quality of your food or service?
From leveraging social media and reassessing your menu to reducing energy costs and cutting your cleaning spend, we’ve got a few suggestions up our sleeve including using our Uniwipe Catering Wipes!
Use energy efficient appliances and lightbulbs
It’s a little thing. But making the switch to energy efficient lightbulbs has the potential to cut your electricity bill (as well as saving the environment).
· Lighting accounts for up to 40% of a building’s electricity bill – so you could make big savings with a switch.
· Consider investing in energy efficient appliances – the initial investment will pay off in reduced bills.
On a practical level, ensure that your whole team is invested in your energy efficiency programme. Little changes – not putting the dishwasher on until it’s full, for example – will make a big difference.
Review and refine your menu
Your customers come to your catering establishment for a wonderful culinary experience, so of course we’re not suggesting you change your signature style. But are there items that aren’t selling well?
· Track sales for a few weeks – then trim down your menu by removing items that aren’t popular.
· Are there ways you could leverage the same food item across multiple dishes? If so, this will reduce your overall food bill.
Small changes to the food you buy on a regular basis can reduce your overall spend, helping you cut costs and increase your productivity.
Take advantage of social media
Culinary establishments all over the world are beginning to cotton on to the fact that social media delivers free – and incredibly effective – marketing.
· Do your customers love Twitter, Facebook or Instagram? Find out what they use and set up some accounts.
· That way, you can showcase your culinary creations as well as promoting special events or offers.
In fact, with an effective social media policy, you’ll soon find that you’re attracting new customers and reaching a wider audience, rather than forking out on a costly print campaign than may not deliver benefits.
Make wipes your cleaning product of choice
Finally, you stand to save time and cut costs on your cleaning bill when you use cleaning wipes rather than traditional chemical sprays.
· Forget about nasty bottles of chemical sprays and cleaning cloths that need washing – with catering wipes you’ll clean quickly and effectively.
· You’ll also be able to turn tables around quickly – and more customers means more profits.
Ultimately, a glistening clean environment will enhance the customer experience. So not only do you stand to cut your costs and boost your profits. You’re encouraging repeat business into the bargain.
Find out why Uniwipe Catering Wipes are perfect for your catering establishment here.