Hospital Cleaning Made Simple
When you run a hospital, maintaining a safe and clean environment is absolutely essential. Our best practice tips are designed to help you refine and perfect your cleaning regime, ensuring you prevent the spread of infection and minimise the risk of cross-contamination.
Tip 1 – Have strict cleaning procedures and routines
For your cleaning regime to be effective, you need to ensure that every member of your cleaning team is on the same page.
· It’s vital to clean regularly and thoroughly – the longer spillages and germs lie about, the more they’ll spread
· Remember, isolate the area and ensure that any products are either disposed of (wipes) or washed (cloths) after use.
Tip 2 – Don’t neglect hygiene hotspots
Attention to detail is crucial. And you need to place attention to hygiene hotspots at the centre of your cleaning regime.
· Hotspots include obvious areas like bathrooms and bedrooms as well as clinical and operating areas and equipment.
· But it’s important not to neglect areas like door handles and light switches, where bacteria can survive for up to 24 hours.
Tip 3 – Have clear product guidelines
You need to ensure that every member of your cleaning team understands what the appropriate product is for each area.
· For example, Uniwipe’s range of wipes are all colour coded following the British Institute of Cleaning Science’s code.
· This helps your cleaners immediately identify which product they need, providing peace of mind to everyone.
Tip 4 – Audit regularly
It’s important to review and refine your cleaning strategies and procedures on a regular basis. Auditing ensures that you’re maintaining the highest standards.
· This process will ensure that everyone on your team understands and is committed to your policies.
· It will also verify that key standards are maintained and identify any areas for improvement.
Tip 5 – Make Uniwipe part of your cleaning regime
Bugs and germs are constantly evolving. But when you choose Uniwipe Clinical Sanitising Wipes (or the other wipes in our comprehensive range), you know you’re getting a product that’s tested and effective.
· Our testing labs are constantly monitoring new requirements in the health sector –keeping you up-to-date with all the latest developments.
· Our colour-coded, supersize wipes help your team clean efficiently and effectively – they’re EN1276 and EN13727 compliant and kill Norovirus, MRSA and H1N1.
In other words, our wipes are the perfect fit for your meticulously thought out cleaning regime.
Want to know why healthcare establishments everywhere are turning to Uniwipe? Contact us email@example.com