Maintaining a safe and clean environment is absolutely essential when operating in any medical environment, particularly hospitals. Our best practice tips are designed to help you refine and perfect your cleaning regime, ensuring you prevent the spread of infection and minimise the risk of cross-contamination.
Tip 1 – Have strict cleaning procedures and routines
For your cleaning regime to be effective, you need to ensure that every member of your cleaning team is on the same page, whether this be paid professionals or staff.
- Make sure that any medical wipes or hand sanitizers are easily accessible to everyone. This will encourage people to be more proactive when it comes to cleaning.
- It’s vital to clean regularly and thoroughly – the longer spillages and germs lie about, the more likely they are to spread.
- Remember, isolate the area and ensure that any products are either disposed of (wipes) or washed (cloths) after use.
Tip 2 – Don’t neglect hygiene hotspots
Attention to detail is crucial in the medical industry, hygiene hotspots should be at the centre of your cleaning regime due to the increased level of risk that they present.
- Hotspots include obvious areas like bathrooms and bedrooms, as well as more high risk areas such as operating rooms and equipment.
- It’s important not to neglect areas such as door handles and light switches as these are frequent touch points where bacteria can sit and multiply upon. It has been shown that bacteria can live for up to 24 hours on these surfaces.
Tip 3 – Have clear product guidelines
You need to ensure that every member of your cleaning team understands what the appropriate product is for each area, in order for you to achieve effective results.
- Uniwipe’s range of wipes are all colour coded following the British Institute of Cleaning Science code. This helps users identify which product is needed for specific areas, helping to reduce cross-contamination and provide peace of mind.
Tip 4 – Audit regularly
It’s important to review and refine your cleaning strategies and procedures on a regular basis. Auditing ensures that you’re maintaining the highest standards possible and helps to identify any potential issues or concerns.
- This process will ensure that everyone on your team understands and is committed to your policies.
- It will also verify that key standards are maintained and identify any areas for improvement.
Tip 5 – Make Uniwipe’s medical wipes part of your cleaning routine
Bugs and germs are constantly evolving and pose a high threat throughout the medical industry. When you choose Uniwipe Clinical Sanitising Wipes or any other wipe in our comprehensive range, you know you’re getting a product that is professionally tested and effective against 99.999% of bacteria and viruses.
- Our testing labs are constantly monitoring new requirements in the health sector – keeping you up-to-date with all the latest developments.
- Our colour-coded, supersize wipes help your team clean efficiently and effectively – they’re EN1276 and EN13727 compliant and kill Norovirus, MRSA and H1N1.
Overall, our wipes are the perfect fit for your meticulously thought out cleaning regime.